Training sponsored by PAR and co-sponsored by OPRA
Thursday, March 27, 2014 ~ ESC - Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County ~ 6393 Oak Tree Blvd ~ Independence, OH 44131 (Cleveland area) Note this is a new address.
Presenters: Mary U. Vicario, LPCC-S & Carol Hudgins-Mitchell, M.Ed, LSW, NBCCH - Certified Trauma Specialists
With research suggesting that as many as 90% of individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities have experienced trauma at some point in their lives, trauma has become an almost universal experience in the lives of those we serve. Facilitating Healing, Resiliency and Hope guides you through the effects of trauma on brain development and functioning. It provides the tools needed to recognize trauma and its impact on behaviors in multiple life domains. You will learn the three R’s of Successful Trauma Resolution (Re-experience, Release and Reorganize,) as well as the top five resilience factors found in people who move beyond their traumatic life experiences. These same resilience factors will be used to help those of us who work with trauma survivors address the effects of vicarious traumatization. Learn applications that anyone can apply and ones specific to your role. This approach works well with individuals of all ages, developmental ability levels and even those with early pre-verbal trauma.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and address the effects of trauma on brain development, belief systems, behavior and self-esteem.
- Distinguish and address, Mood Syntonic vs. Mood Dystonic Abuse; PTSD vs. Complex PTSD and Biologically Based Fear Responses
- Identify and assist individuals and their caregivers in connecting with supports to help them move through the three stages of positive trauma resolution (re-experience, release and reorganize).
- Identify and directly support individuals and their caregivers in developing the healing power of positive connection and the five resilience factors found in people who overcome trauma
- Empower themselves and their staff to develop and strengthen their own resilience factors to help them stay healthy, strong, and passionate about their work.
*5 hours of DODD certification has been approved for Adult Services, SSA, County Board Member, Investigative Agent & Superintendent. Early Intervention is not approved for this training.
Social Work certification has been approved for this training.
Mail payments to: PAR - Professionals, Advocates, Resources, One Marion Ave., Suite 306, Mansfield OH 44903
Phone 419-522-6207 FAX 419-522-6257
Purchase Orders will be invoiced after the training.
If payment is not received with registration, you will be invoiced after the training.
Credit Cards are not accepted.
Note our Cancellation and Replacement Policies.
***Cancellations - Requests for refund of registration fee must be received in writing five or more business days in advance, otherwise you will be charged for the event. You may send another person in your place at any time. Contact the PAR Office.