What is PAR?
Established in 1968, PAR (Professionals, Advocates, Resources) is a professional association for individuals working in the field of developmental disabilities in Ohio. PAR’s primary mission and commitment is to provide valuable training, professional development and networking opportunities for direct support professionals.
PAR offers educational opportunities through an annual conference and regional trainings. The annual conference is a great place to refresh and renew your dedication to supporting persons with developmental disabilities. PAR selects presenters that have extensive expertise and knowledge in the areas in which they provide training.
Why Join PAR?
Membership to PAR is an investment in your future! PAR provides you with the opportunity to:
- Receive training to improve your skills and enhance your professional credentials;
- Obtain required training certification (Adult Services, SSA, Investigative Agent, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and Social Work)
- Attend regional trainings at reduced rates;
- Eligibility to receive a PAR Educational Scholarship to further enhance your educational/career goals;
- Be a voting member of PAR; you have a voice in Board members, bylaws and the future direction of PAR!
- Network with other support professionals from around the state;
- Belong to an organization that is for you and about you!
- PAR membership year begins January 1st of each year and ends December 31st.
- PAR membership is individual memberships. There are no organizational memberships.
- PAR membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Skilled Professionals ~ $45 ~ Any individual employed in the field of developmental disabilities. This includes degreed and non-degreed professionals in direct support, organizational support and management. Skilled Professional Membership could include, but is not limited to: Therapists, SSAs, Program Managers, Administration Personnel, BSS, Training and Services Coordinators, Managers, Directors, Superintendents, Direct Support or Care Providers, Workshop Specialists, Training Specialists, Nurses and Investigators.
- Individual/Student/Family ~ $10 ~ Individual served by the developmental disabilities field, a full or part-time student, or family member who is not employed in the field of developmental disabilities.
Note: Membership rates are not available with the 2018 conference registration.
Become a "Friend" of PAR ~ Cash donations in any amount are welcome and the name of the agency or person donating will be included in the conference handouts and posted on our website. The financial support assists in underwriting the cost of our training and conference materials. Please send your "friend" payment with your membership fee.