PAR offers scholarships each year to professionals and self advocates to enhance their skills in the area of developmental disabilities. The scholarship money can be used to attend DODD registration/certification courses, college courses or for professional growth seminars.
Scholarships are available in memory of Mary Mihelcic-Jones, a longstanding PAR member, in memory of Anitra B. Sacks, a compassionate and loyal person working in the field of DD and in memory of Jeff Bowman, a loyal advocate of persons with disabilities.
- The application must be fully completed.
- A letter of endorsement from your supervisor must accompany the application. Email letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final determination of recipients will be based on the recommendations of the PAR Board.
- Eligible courses must reflect your effort to upgrade your professional skills in the area of Developmental Disabilities.
- A maximum of $300 will be awarded to each recipient.
- Reimbursement will occur after proof of fee payment and proof of successful course completion is submitted.
- Recipients will be announced at the Annual Awards Luncheon at the SYNERGY Conference in October.
- All recipients must request reimbursement prior to June 30, 2020.
The deadline for applications is September 8, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for an award.